Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: blackberry does not register after security wipe

Advance help is that first call your carrier and tell them you are having edge instead of EDGE and reset my settings. If that wont work then reinstall or update the OS then check. For updating the OS use desktop manager which is on the web of BB site. DO it after taking backup settings. The curent version is 6.1 of desktop manager.

After doing it restore backup and resend resgiration and call you carrier to further advance help.

Because all the casis of basic and advance level you may have is discussed and if still need help then there should be your carrier take you from me further.

Contributor
My Device: storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Vodafone

thanks a lot  mate. I also feel that i have to reinstall the OS again and take it further. if that doesnt work i will post again. thanks again

Contributor

hi,

my service provider says that the problem is with the verizon handset. Can you help me now?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizone / Vodafone

I did all the operations you instructed several times, still not finding any solution for that, its really very up-setting, my service provider has suggested to short the matter of data unlock with the BB manufacturer ot wireless carrier in my case its verizon. your comments???

Contributor

i changed the operator i.e i shifted from vodafone to airtel and now everything is fine.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizone / Vodafone

My fone is powered with Verizon and its not working at all, my operator suggested me to take help of any local mobile repairing shop for data unlock.. then i can use the phone.
New Contributor
My Device: 9930

I am having same trouble on my BB 9930 which is Verizon unlocked. I used it for last 3 plus years before last night when i did security wipe and restored all backed up data.

Now except whatsapp (downloaded via wifi) nothing is working. My carrier which is Vodafone India (Mumbai Region) tells me all my services are active. (BIS plan)

What changed after security wipe? that something i am looking out for. A fix may be.

Please help!

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

i do not know the technical reason but when i faced the problem, vodafone informed me that EDGE will not work with verizon handsets. Put a sim card of another operator, say airtel or any other operator for that matter and check. It will work. But vodafone will not work. the only solution for you is to switch to another operator or switch handset.