Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: att

blackberry id screen problems

So for some background I bought my blackberry curve 9360 this summer with one carrier, but since I moved a while after that into an area where I wasn't getting coverage from that provider, I ceased using it.

Well I have finally gotten around to switching to another carrier, AT&T. I put in the new sim card and had some trouble getting past the blackberry ID login page that comes up when you put in a new sim card. I even reset the password and everything, to make sure I was loggin in with the correct one, to no avail. Nothing, no correct password and username would let me log in. 

Anyway eventually it was a moot point, because after going through my 10 login attempts it just let me in. So I was able to put in the unlock codes for my new sim card and the phone worked fine for a day. Then there was some typical problem (I don't remember what, if it was a typical freezup or whatever) but I eventually did a battery pull and restarted it.

Now I'm trapped behind the blackberry id login page again, only this time I can't do anything. I can't type in a username, I can't even make an emergency call. If I lock and unlock the keypad, I can get the keypad to input again, but the trackpad still won't scroll the screen or click on anything.

Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know other people have this problem, because I have found topics on it here (such as here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB9930-how-to-disable-Blackberry-ID-prompt-ou... however, I cannot find a solution listed anywhere.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: blackberry id screen problems

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Read the link below and see if you can use the steps to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the welcome.

Unfortuantely, I can't actually do any of those steps. I can't even attempt to sign in at all; it will no longer let me move down to the "sign in" button. In addition, I can't move down to the factory reset button either. There is pretty much nothing I can do that I can think of.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Use desktop manager to do the reset to factory option.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

The blackberry desktop software says it can't connect to my device. This is turning into a nightmare...

New Contributor

Well I think i have done the reset. Of course, now I am stuck on the screen that starts with the disclaimer "THIS HANDHELD DEVICE INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT IS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL TO RESEARCH IN MOTION". I'm assuming that at the bottom of the screen there is some sort of agreement to terms that you click to proceed. I of course can't scroll to the bottom of the screen.... so have I run out of options? Is there anything else I can try? What could be causing this?

New Contributor

I still can't use my phone. I even had my mother try calling it; it rings, and the screen says someone is calling, but I am completely unable to answer it or silence the call, or interact with the phone in any way. My experience with calling Blackberry/RIM customer support is that you have to pay up if you want any in-depth support. They bounced me to the ATT support line that simply tried to, in their turn, send me to blackberry/RIm support.

Am I just stuck with this dud phone or is there anything that can be done?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I guess I am stuck with a POS phone that will never work. I have learned my lesson, I guess there is a reason why so few people like Blackberry these days. Who wants to shell out $500 for something that won't work, and which they can't even get any support for?

This is ridiculous, Blackberry has no solution for this problem and offers no real advice. This is unbelievably disappointing. I'm a student, I don't have a great deal of money, and now I get to go out and shell out for a brand-new phone.

I know the trackpad not working is not a mechanical/hardware problem because when I hit the keyboard and get the (select default currency symbol) mini-screen pops up, I can scroll through that just fine. It will just not scroll to the bottom of the user agreement screen. And this is apparently a common problem when one does a factory reset on a blackberry. (Thanks for the warning for that... oh wait, I didn't get one.)