Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ??whats this??

Re: blackberry internet service-not connected

I'm in Staffordshire but quite close to the Leicestershire border. I can now use the Facebook apps and eBay and Twitter but am still unable to use the BlackBerry browser.

The Europe servers are down I have been told.

All very annoying in this day and age!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

I'm having the same problem here in Derbyshire near borders with Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire.

The symptoms I'm having are lengthy drop-outs from GPRS to GSM, which Orange suggests are due to the connection with the BlackBerry Internet Service servers being lost. This makes any internet app - Twitter, Gmail, Facebook etc - unusable for lengthy periods. I lost GPRS for 8 hours overnight.

This is now in its 4th day now and the lack of acknowledgement from BlackBerry that there is a problem, let alone any word on when it might be fixed, is extremely frustrating.

A Blackberry without BBIS is just a very expensive basic handset.

New Contributor

To my delight, and no doubt to every one else's too, BlackBerry appear to have sorted themselves out as everything seems to be working as it should now.

It has been a very frustrating few days and I do feel that RIM should have at least posted a notice on Facebook and Twitter, as I thought at first that my device was at fault and went through several battery resets to try and sort the problem out.

Customer Service seems to be more than a little lacking.

Everyone can have a technical glitch, but it's best to admit it and just let people know!

Must try harder!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

I'm still not sure it's completely fixed. True it's much better than it was, but it can still take an age to, say, post an update to Twitter and if I switch the phone off and on again it can take several minutes to re-acquire GPRS connectivity.

While this whole episode has been very annoying it's been unnecessarily compounded by RIM's total silence on the matter. My BlackBerry's about due for replacement and I have to say I'm unlikely to replace it with another one.

New Contributor

This is my first BlackBerry phone and up to this happening I was very impressed with it and the service.

They have let themselves, and their paying customers down very badly.

The one group of people a company can't afford to upset and annoy is it's customer base. Major failure this time RIM, must try harder!

Whether I have another BlackBerry will totally depend on how I am treated between now and when my contract expires.

If they want me back, they know what to do!

I wonder if they actually read these postings?

My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: me

go on to your internet browser press the button next to the scroller, press options Browser configerationand change it this should work hope it helped

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9520
My Carrier: O.2

I have a Blackberry Storm ,Service Provider O.2 U.K .

Service Status reads : Blackberry InternetService not connected

Blackberry Enterprise Server not con nected

Wi-FiNetwork

Active Profile not connected

SSID  not connected

Type not connected

I havent a clue what to do.

Any suggestions please .