Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

blackberry issues

My blackberry bold 9790 keeps rebooting and I've tried troubleshooitng it and the problem changed.
It happens when I listen to music, watch video clip's, take pictures, play games and when I call people or when they call me...
And its really annoying me, and my blackberry is upto date...
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry issues

Hello!

Not knowing what troubleshooting you have already tried, we risk providing redundant information. Plus, you say "the problem changed"...but you did not say from what to what. So....

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues, you will need to consider more drastic actions (e.g., WIPE, Reload, etc.). Please be sure you are prepared for that by taking a good backup to your computer...you can find a link to instructions in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I've also tried that safe mode, and there was no differance
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Then you need to try more drastic measures, but start please with ensuring you have a good backup...you can find instructions in my auto-sig on this post.

Then, you will need to consider various levels of drastic actions to try and root out the problem, starting with a device WIPE, an OS reload, a more stringent WIPE, and perhaps even trying different OS levels to see if perhaps one can run stable on your BB. Do keep in mind though that, if the problem is hardware, then no amount of OS or software actions can help.

Alternatively, you can seek in-person support. If you remain in warranty, you can seek support via that channel. If you do not have warranty, then you would seek out a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB technician.

Good luck and let us know how you wish to proceed!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the advide!
I've wiped my phone, and the promlem still happens, but there has been a change.
As my BB BOLD 9790 is a touch and type phone, the touch screen doesn't always work..
Hall of Famer III

So, that's yet another change in behavior? (BTW -- you never did answer me about the first change you didn't tell us about...)

With things changing, the cause that pops to mind is moisture intrusion...it can have a random, degrading, and cascading effect as corrosion continues. Not properly dried, it can render a device ultimately useless. Any chance of that?

New Contributor

Ill let you know if there's a change, thanks
Hall of Famer III

And again, you ignore my questions. But, alas, my ignorance is not relevant...of course, it does increase the likelihood that my guesses are totally wrong, but that is your choice to make.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Sorry mate I didn't no I missed your question,
By the way,
I've connected my BB with my desktop, and it said there was no update to carry out.
What shall I do?
Hall of Famer III

I don't know what to advise you. I've no idea what your current situation is. You've said twice now that things changed, but gave me no hint of what that was. The last real information I have from you is that you'd Wiped the device, there had been some kind of change, and the touch screen did not work well...beyond that, I have no clue how you now got to where you are, nor what more may have now changed for you. I asked you specific questions about what may have been the cause (e.g., water damage), but you ignored that...be aware that, if that indeed is the cause, then these delays are allowing corrosion to continue, and that likely will be irreversible.

I am totally lost as to your present situation. The update might help, or it might not. But since I've no idea what your present issues are, I have no clue as to what may or may not help.

If you want help here, I'd advise that you start over with another post here, but state clearly and completely all of your present symptoms, issues, and such so that we perhaps can have a chance at understanding your situation. As it stands, all we can do is guess, and I fear that won't really be accurate enough.