Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: cell c

blackberry maps

I hv jst upgraded my blackberry curve 8520 to OS 5, and nw I cnt find da map! Looked evrywer on da phone cnt find it anywer, no icon, its nt even thr on the Add-on nor core apps. I tried app world bt stil no luck, please help......thanks thanks
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry maps

Hi ata30

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Go to  Options >Applications> and see if BlackBerry Maps is listed there ,If not then download it from here :

Here's the link BlackBerry Maps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hey prince.
It is nt der on option>apps. Here is wat happens wen I go to da site u gave me.... It says enter the email address associated with your device to receive a link, ohk no problem! After hitting submit it takes me back to the very same page that requires the email, I do the same thing again, and nothing seem to change, when I check my inbox no link received. Am I doing something wrong on the site?
Elite II

Hi ata30

You are not doing anything wrong ,after submitting the link should appear on your message box , if it not appearing please perform a Battery pull restart and then have a try ,I hope you have BlackBerry Data Plan  on your account ! 

Prince

New Contributor

Hey prince
I do have blackberry data plan, I I've tried da battery pull but still no link, I'm also able to receive other emails, so I don't think the is a problem with my address! Can't you send the link to my email?? If its possible thanks
Elite II

[ Edited ]

Hi ata30

Sorry I can't send that link ,that link is from RIM's server. The above method is the easiest one however there are still other methods by which you can  install BlackBerry Maps on your device.

Connect your device and Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > wait till Application list refresh, When it load all the Applications scroll down and look for BkackBerry Maps ,If you see BlackBerry Maps (a + will appear next to BlackBerry Maps ) click   to add it to your BlackBerry smartphone > Click Apply.( Please make sure your PC or Laptop has an active Internet connection while doing this)

But if you are unable to view any applications or BlackBerry Maps then  you had to Download and Install the Device OS pack from your Carrier to your PC or Laptop .You can download that OS pack from here Carriers .Once downloaded and Installed on your PC repeat the same steps mentioned above it will add BlackBerry Maps on your device.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Prince