Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: Bmobile

blackberry messenger 6 update help

[ Edited ]

i need help to update my bbm
it is version 5.0.0
i met all the system requirements for bbm 6. also if it helps in options>Applications> the bbm app is on the core list not the add-on.... (BlackBerry Tour)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry messenger 6 update help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

OK...so, you wish to update your BBM...you've told us a lot, except for one tiny thing. What, exactly, have you attempted in order to do such an upgrade? And how, exactly, did it respond to those attempts?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I have tried to use the blackberry appworld from my pc but it said the item was already installed and I was unable to update it.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Sorry, but that's still too vague to figure out exactly what you attempted. Step by step of what you do would help much more. But, instead, do this...from your BB Browser, go to
:
www.blackberry.com/appworld

That should allow you install the most recent AppWorld OTA to your BB.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

i dont have a data plan that allwos web surfing. 
i only have a scoial data plan... so i cant update it via the browser 

Hall of Famer III

In which case, you are not eligible for the use of the AppWorld service. See this page:

Toward the bottom, in the System Requirements section...you must have a data plan that enables the BB Browser in order to have access to AppWorld. It does not matter what channel you wish to access it via (WiFi or carrier data network), you must still have an adequate data plan in order to use it.

Sorry.

New Contributor

so does that mean i am unable to update to bbm 6?

Hall of Famer III

Perhaps...perhaps not...only your carrier can tell you for sure what services you are eligible for.

But, again, without a data plan, all of the tricks to get BBM are based on the BB data plan and web browser. So, let's go back to the beginning...since we've determined that you are not eligible for AppWorld, how on earth did you get the results from the desktop access of AppWorld that you got? Please expand on that...tell us step by step what you try and what happens when you use the web-based AppWorld with your BB tethered to your PC.

Thanks!

New Contributor

i just used appworld from my web brows on my pc ...
all other applications install and upgrade normally beside the bbm...
it says how it doesnt need to upgrade but i se that it is on version 5.0.0 and it doesnt look anywhere close to bbm 6 

Hall of Famer III

Hm...well, honestly, without a data plan, I'm not sure how to help you any further. On the device, there are ways to clear the AppWorld cache that would force it to reload the catalog...I know of no way to do that with the web-based AppWorld. Perhaps it is time you seek formal support from your carrier. It may well be that, due to your data plan, you are not eligible for the upgraded BBM. See this from the BBM requirements page...I suspect that you do not meet the very first requirement, which perhaps was not previously enforced.

To use BlackBerry Messenger, you’ll need the following:

• A data service plan from your wireless service provider.
  • A BlackBerry smartphone with 64MB of memory.
  • 2.4MB of available smartphone memory.
  • BlackBerry Device Software v4.5 or later.