Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: bell

blackberry messenger 7

downloaded the latest version bbm 7, now i no longer have the icon on my bb 9900....can no longer get to bbm.  My friend has been trying to bbm me, I do not receive messages......in my apps it shows that it is installed, but can no longer access bbm after the download...what the heck is going on???

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Re: blackberry messenger 7

This is exactly how mine is

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: voddafone

i got the same issue

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]

Same issue with BBM 7, installed and lost lost my BBM Icon.

I uninstalled BBM using Desktop Manager on my computer and then re-installed BBM. This removed BBM 7 and re-installed BBM 6 which also restored my BBM Icon.

Definitely something wrong with BBM 7.

*** Luckily before un-installing I backed up all my data and after re-installing I noticed some of my recent BBM messages were missing which I recovered by restoring my back up.

Contributor
My Device: 9790 Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Same here upgraded this morning and my WiFi was just turning on and off till it killed the battery in less than 8 hrs. I usually can get a day and a half out of it . At supper time it seems to have been changed back to the old version automatically , everythings back to normal ?? BB Bold 9790 , Bell .

I have a smart wifi app and tried with it off and no difference ( when it happened) . BBM new chat didn't work just kept asking me to turn on  wifi ? I wish stuff like this wouldn't happen just ruined my day . I hate upgrades sometimes .

My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: indosat

i have same problem now. can u tell jow to instal the new bbm 6 after u uninstal bbm 7. i alsu use desktop manager. but i cant find a way hoe to instal bbm 6. thankss

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]

Bold 9900, OS7.1.   Thought BBM 7 would be neat so installed it and ended up with no BBM !!

I was able to remove the "Not Working BBM 7" and return to the "Working BBM 6" using the following method:

Phone hooked to Computer and in Blackberry Desktop Software, select "Applications".

In Applications, select Blackberry Messenger and Blackberry Mobile Conferencing for removal ( x to +) and then in the bottom bar select "Apply".

Let the removal process complete ( the phone will reboot and return to Desktop Manager).

When back in "Desktop Manager", open Applications again and select Blackberry Messenger for an install ( + to x ), select Apply and let it complete the installation process and reboot. ( BBM 6 was in my BB Desktop software).

Then unplug the phone from computer and see if your BBM Icon is back. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: student

Please does anyone have a solution to this problem?
I upgraded my bbm to bbm7, I have close to 1500 contacts and they are all gone, I can't restore my system backup, I can't downgrade...PLS HELP!!!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@falameister

please do not ask the same question in two different conversations.

Remember the contributors here are BlackBerry users just like you. The fact that we spend part of our leisure time on the forum to help other people does not make us like to do the same thing twice.
I have answered you here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/How-to-downgrade-to-previous-vers...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: sun cellular

Hello I got a problem after upgrading my bbm into the current new version.. And when its loading to associating with my bb ID it keeps on saying "blackberry messenger failed to register to the blackberry service, registration is necessary to use this features of this application.please ensure your device time is correctly set, open the my profile screen and check the blackberry messenger registration status"

I really don't get the my profile if where should I found it to be able to check it.. Please heeelp!!! Pleeease