Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: STC Saudi Arabia

blackberry messenger - Connection Error (65): Problem receiving data from the server

[ Edited ]

A similar but bigger problem ...

Calling all BB Pros,

Have had this Bold for a year now and I have been able to resolve any issues that came up through Crackberry or general googleing around ... Until this problem.

Basically, a couple of days ago i stopped receiving emails (i only have gmail and hotmail configured, no work email addresses). When i send an email, it does indeed get delivered. 

Then i noticed that BBM wasnt working, although ppl on my list are receiving my messages but i am not receiving theirs. when i send a message to one of the contacts, it shows me a tick but without the D or R, but it still gets delivered.

Then i noticed that GTalk and WLM were not signed in, even though i have them both on automatic sign-in. when i force a sign-in, after a minute it gives me an error "Connection Error (65): Problem receiving data from the server". i get this error in both GTalk and WLM.

Now the weirdest thing, everything else is working perfectly. I can browse as before. Facebook, Google Mail app, Google search app and Google maps is working perfectly. And I am failing to understand why I am having this problem.

When i am running wifi, everything is working fine, Email, BBM, GTalk and WLM. Again, i dont understand why!

I have searched everywhere for this and have tried all the usual service book delete>re-register from host routing table>undelete service books. Ive tried hard reset a million times. i have been on carriers BIS website to resend service books but i never receive those for some reason. It would be pointless to ask for assistance by calling carrier customer services because I don't speak Arabic that well yet and these aren't the friendliest bunch. That doesn't mean I didn't try Smiley Tongue ...

And now i have run out of ideas, hence this post. like i said, i hav searched high and far for a cure to this but there does not seem to be a reliable answer out there. Would appreciate any sort of help.

Thanks in advance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry messenger - Connection Error (65): Problem receiving data from the server

Hi and welcome to the Forums!

While it seems you may have tried some of this before, please try these steps again, in order:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If those don't provide the expected results, then please check here:

• Manage Connections > Services Status

Make sure you are connected to Blackberry Internet Service and that your mobile network provider is the proper one.

If you are not connected to BIS yet are on your proper carrier, then sadly your recourse must be to them. They are not delivering to you the services for which you are paying -- and only they can make that adjustment.

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mobily

Re: blackberry messenger - Connection Error (65): Problem receiving data from the server

im having the exact same problem and i did every thing i even formated the device and its the same and every time i call the costumer care center they dont know wuts the problem they say your service is working fine plzzz help us

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

am2u wrote:

im having the exact same problem and i did every thing i even formated the device and its the same and every time i call the costumer care center they dont know wuts the problem they say your service is working fine plzzz help us

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Let me see if I can properly parse your punctuation-less 229 (including spaces) character sentence...

What, exactly, do you mean by "formated the device"?

And, do you really have the "exact same problem" as the OP? In scanning the OP, I find 4 or maybe 5 different issues -- you have them all in the exact same manner? That would be pretty darn impressive! Not terribly likely to have two exactly matching situations!

If you could clarify for us, we'd much appreciate it.

Thanks.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-mobile

I am also having the same problem. I've tried all the previous suggestion but still nothing is working.

I am rebooting for the 50th time but still nothing.

my BBM has an X on it like I'm not available, i'm not getting my emails, my google chat is saying connection error 65 and i'm continuously trying to sign in.

HELPPPPPPP!

Hall of Famer III

Tara735 wrote:

I am also having the same problem. I've tried all the previous suggestion but still nothing is working.

I am rebooting for the 50th time but still nothing.

my BBM has an X on it like I'm not available, i'm not getting my emails, my google chat is saying connection error 65 and i'm continuously trying to sign in.

HELPPPPPPP!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

So, if you've truly tried all of the previous suggestions, what did your carrier say when you contacted them?

Let us know.

Highlighted
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

Hey 

i was wondering if you ever found your problem on error 65 on ur black berry?

jsut wondering, thank you

My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi I'm using blackberry curve and I'm a prepaid user and I want to use gtalk without using bbm but every time I sign in with gtalk it's asking to sign in with bbm . Pls tl me how to use gtalk alone without bbm
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi there,

I started getting the connection error (65) a few days ago and it is driving me round the twist.

I have no problem getting emails, internet, twitter on my Blackberry Bold 9700 - it is only impacting gtalk - but I use it for work so need it to work on my blackberry.

I have tried the following

1) Rebooting phone

2) taking battery out wait 30 seconds, replace it.
3) Uninstalling and reinstalling gtalk from blackberry world
4) Turning mobile network on and off
5) Calling my mobile network service provider - they said it is nothing to do with them as I have full internet/data access for all other apps.

the only thing I ahven't tried it deleting any service books as I don't know how to get them resent.....

Please could anyone help.

Cheers

Judy

Hall of Famer III

Gooby wrote:

the only thing I ahven't tried it deleting any service books as I don't know how to get them resent.....

Hello,

Refer:

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Good luck!