Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

blackberry messenger red cross, X next to the message

Hi guys - I have done an update to blackberry messenger 6.1.0.71  and found that i couldnt send a bbm to 1 of my contacts (a red cross appears next to the message rather than a tick with s or r next to it), my girlfriend unfortunatly also did the update and the same error has occured which makes me believe it is a problem with this update have tried the usual of restarting the phone removing the sim and battery for a few minutes still the same error and also reinstalling the software with no change to the error

further to this I have a BB curve 9360 v7.0.0.353, my girlfriend has BB curve 8520 v5.0.0.681

look forward to your response

Pete

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Re: blackberry messenger red cross, X next to the message

The red X means that your message has not been delivered.

There can be many reasons to why the message hasn't been delivered. Maybe he is not connected to BIS?
New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: o2

Found out that my gf hadn't bought her bb bolt on - took a while to figure out - thanks for the response though

***Closed***
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

i have a bbm contact who has a z10. i have a bold 9790. my bbm version is 7.0 and her version is 10.0. every time i send messages to her i get that red 'x' do the software versions have anything to do with my problem? i don't have this problem with any other bbm contacts. none of my other bbm contacts have a z10. she is the only one.