Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry ringing

My storm won't ring unless I have my contacts set for a ring. I have about 20 contacts and 4 with a custom ringtone the rest I have set for a general ring and when those people call my storm will not ring. It also will not ring when I get a call from someone not in my contacts. I've set the phone up for it to ring all the time, I guess I'm missing something. I've done a battery pull and it still does it.I go to sounds/ set ring tones/alerts, choose phone, it's set to ringer_classicphone, I try it and it works but when people call it won't ring. 

So what is active profile? I see that a lot on the people I don't have set up. But the phone should still ring since I have the phone set to ring. 

Also I have my contacts set up so they're by last name in alphabetic order. Well for some reason they're still in order but the first name is first. It's just a weird thing that happens every now and then.

thanks

Dan

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm (9530)

Re: blackberry ringing

dcistone wrote:

My storm won't ring unless I have my contacts set for a ring. I have about 20 contacts and 4 with a custom ringtone the rest I have set for a general ring and when those people call my storm will not ring. It also will not ring when I get a call from someone not in my contacts. I've set the phone up for it to ring all the time, I guess I'm missing something. I've done a battery pull and it still does it.I go to sounds/ set ring tones/alerts, choose phone, it's set to ringer_classicphone, I try it and it works but when people call it won't ring. 

So what is active profile? I see that a lot on the people I don't have set up. But the phone should still ring since I have the phone set to ring. 

Also I have my contacts set up so they're by last name in alphabetic order. Well for some reason they're still in order but the first name is first. It's just a weird thing that happens every now and then.

thanks

Dan

Active profile is whatever sound profile you have currently selected, i.e., "Normal", "Loud", "Medium", etc. The one that is currently selected will have "Active" next to it when viewing the sound profiles.

Are you using a holster or case when you experience this problem? Or is it just all the time? Which sound profile is active?

There are many options for sounds/profiles, so could be just how you have it set. Also, OS .65 & .75 do have some issues concerning the sound profiles. I find if I switch profiles, sometimes it will not act as one would think it should for that profile. Usually a battery pull will force it to switch totally.

If, by chance, I've helped you out... click that Kudo's button over there... yeah that one Smiley Happy . If your problem is solved, help others out by marking the topic as such Smiley Wink .
OS: 4.7.0.75 ~ Yes, .75!! Let it be. App's: BBFileScout, BBWeather, Google Maps, FaceBook, Opera Mini, QuickPull v2, Visual Voice Mail, WLM. Theme:AppleBerry Glass & Classic ~ Are there any others? Smiley Tongue
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: blackberry ringing

Thanks for the reply, I have my phone set to loud or all off. When I look at a contacts ring setting it says active profile. I'll change it to an actual ring and the phone rings when that person calls but otherwise it doesn't. For instance I had to get my TV repaired and when he called the phone did not ring, it lit up and I noticed it but no ring. Again even people I don't have set up with a specific ringtone (just a generic) won't ring either. just the 4 people that I set up. No holster, OS .75, and I've tried battery pulls. I do them on occasion because I notice the storm taking a while to do something, the little clock shows.