Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry runs slower every time!?

When i synchronize my bb with my computer, it seems like it runs slower and slower every time {moving from screen to screen, or sending messages}. why is this? i found that if i reset it often, it helps, but i do not want to have to do this everytime! help!

thanks!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: blackberry runs slower every time!?

Refer to sdgardne's  post over here. I cannot explain it any better than what he has written there, so make sure to check out the thread Smiley Happy

There is an app to reboot without removing the battery called quickpull. Try it out, it is free and works beautifully!

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

i like the "quickpull" idea. does it work with desktop manager v.5.0?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

quickpull is for your BB, to restart it instead of pulling your battery everytime. Has nothing to do with your DTM version.
Regular Contributor

ok,i ll give it a shot then! thanks
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Yeah, quickpull is nice. Don't have to remove a case etc. I have my BB set to restart every morning at 4:30 so it's refreshed when I get up.

Don't know of a connection between syncing and this, but what is your file free number? Check it at options-status. If it gets too low it can slow your device. Make sure you close apps when done; don't just use the 'back' key or they'll just keep running in the background.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Regular Contributor

ok, the only problem is, i don't have a data access plan to download the software :/
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

You're lucky I'm so nice and zipped the files for you Smiley Happy lol...j/k. Unzip the files to your media card, browse to the folder and open the .jad file. It should install it for you. This version is for OS 4.5 which I'm guessing you have.

Enjoy!

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

o, thank you so much! Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

ok, so i copied it to the main blackberry folder. i opened it, and tried running the .jad but it said that it could not find the program to run it... what am i doing wrong?

thanks again!