Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange EE

blackberry server down?

help. i have been informed by Orange EE that BES and the internet server is down. i had a replacement phone sent to me 3 weeks ago and have been unable to sync emails and calendar with my Outlook, which was working perfectly with my previous Blackberry Bold. 

I have spent in total around 8 hours talking to Orange EE and Blackberry technicians and been given conflicting information. I am at my wits end. Is the server down, because I find it hard to believe that no-one is talking about it on here or on google despite it being down for apparently 3 weeks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry server down?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

An official answer to your question is not available on this user-to-user community...but I agree with your suspicions. But, you said "BES"...which begs the question -- why on earth are you talking to your carrier and BlackBerry for a BES problem? If your BES server is down, you need to talk to your BES admins...and I am 99.999999999% sure that they do not work for your carrier or for BlackBerry. Did you instead mean BIS?

In any event, please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. I recommend you continue to escalate with your carrier and/or BlackBerry via the formal channel into which you are already inserted.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................