Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

blackberry storm, not turning on. HELP!

[ Edited ]

hello i'm a newbie to this website.

i have a blackberry storm. It's having some problems that i'm worried about.

my blackberry shows a white battery with a blue lighting bolt in the middle.

just before I had made a call and it seemed to be working fine, but now it's not even turning on. 

what does this mean? can anyone please tell me? 

Message Edited by ellexbelle on 09-30-2009 03:41 PM
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: blackberry storm, not turning on. HELP!

Hi and welcome to the forums! 

This is typically a sign that your phone does not have sufficient charge to turn on.  Plug it in to the wall using the OEM (BlackBerry) charger and let it charge for a couple of hours.  The phone should turn on just fine afterwards.

Note that because of the charge level, using a car charger, USB cable or a non-OEM charger may not work.  When we've seen this problem before, it's usually only helped to charge using the actual wall charger.

In addition, you should also be aware that the phone will not turn back on until it has charged sufficiently.  Usually a half hour to an hour should be enough charge to turn the phone on, but I'd recommend charging it for 2 hours minimum, and then charge it fully tonight.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: BlackBerry 9520 Storm 2
My Carrier: James

Re: blackberry storm, not turning on. HELP!

Hi Guys,

I have been having issue with the blackberry storm 2 since day with numerous restarts by itself and myself having to do a hard reboot, today for some reason while i had the blackberry plugged in to my pc it seemed to turn off and i am unable to get an life from it at all it doesnt seem to be recogizing it on the pc not red lights.

can anyone help its driving me mad?