Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: vodafone

blackberry torch 9860 memore issue

hey hiii frnds.. my bb torch 9860 is having is seroius memory problem, it showz just 2-8 mb of free memory space, and it has become very very slow

wat can b done in that case, i have upgraded to os7.1 just 2 weeks back..stilll in probs..help me out

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry torch 9860 memore issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Wow...you must have tons of things installed to your BB and/or huge amounts of data in Messages, Contacts, or Calendar. In any event, the amount of total available AppMemory cannot be adjusted. Therefore, to maximize your free AppMemory, you must decide what you absolutely must have on your BB. For instance, if you have installed languages that you don't need, removing them could help. Likewise, add-on apps or games you don't use are taking space. The key is to figure out the mix of things that you absolutely must have on your BB, and remove the rest so as to free up the maximum amount of AppMemory on your device. The removal will best be accomplished using the Desktop Software, as that gives you the full list of installed apps, both core provided as well as otherwise obtained. To get it to work properly, it may be necessary to also install, to your PC, the OS package currently running on your BB (sometimes, without that, the Desktop Software won't show the core provided apps that can be removed).

It may also be that you should proceed the other way around...install the OS clean, with all of the things you don't need (e.g., languages) left off, then add those apps you have decided you must have, and then you will have the cleanest original install that you can have, which may recover more AppMemory than simply removing things from your current configuration.

Unlike other devices, all things that are installed consume some amount of AppMemory...so you must carefully choose the mix of things that you absolutely must have installed to the BB all the time.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................