Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: starhub

blackberry torch screen unable to off while charging

hi everyone,

I am a blackberry torch user. I just purchased the phone few days ago and I have an issue regarding the screen backlight. My blackberry torch screen backlight will always stay on while charging even when i have exit the bedside mode.  I also have to tell all of you that i have set the screen backlight time to 30 secs. I dont know what have caused this issue to happen. it didnt used to be like this. I am able to replicate this issue. i find out that to make the screen backlight work normally again i have to unplug the charger and replug it back to my bb and the screen can off after i have exit the bedside mode. in conclusion, i have to unplug and replug the charger to my bb in order to have my screen backlight to turn off after i have exit the bedside. Does anybody ever come across this issue before? is there any fix for this kind of issue? is this the software glitch or it is just my bb that has this problem? I am not sure what version of os that i am running right now but i can assure that i am on the latest os since i just updated the day i bought it from my computer.I also have to tell you that there is no exchange policy in the place i bought my bb. please help me everyone. Thank you very much.

Lonewolf88

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: blackberry torch screen unable to off while charging

[ Edited ]

Mine started doing the same thing after I performed the latest OS update.  

Also the clock started not displaying when charging (even though I had the option checked).

I just fixed it but not sure how I did it. 

One of these two actions must have done the trick:

1. I unchecked Disable Radio in Bedside mode.
  2. I entered Bedside mode and then exited Bedside mode.