Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry with wifi

[ Edited ]

Please give me a step for wifi on blackberry storm 9530

First I find this website

http://www.chipchick.com/2006/09/spectecs_micros.html 

Will this product work with blackberry storm, do I need download something?

Or there are other better way to get wifi on blackberry storm.

Message Edited by orangeearths on 06-30-2009 08:04 PM
New Developer

Re: blackberry with wifi

The storm does not have WiFi so you would need something like this.

Did you actually buy it yet? Any comments on its performance?

New Developer

I dont buy it yet, because I knew it will dont work unless I download something. If there was any download website wifi for blackberry storm, I guess that it will work.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

FYI -- The manufacturer of this device (not RIM) will need to release the appropriate software to make it work on a BB. And they likely also would need to work with RIM in order to do so. Indeed, any add-on hardware device would likely need cooperation with RIM in order to work...the BB OS isn't quite an open source piece of software (and, to remain secure, can't be). So, unless you see an add-on device as certified (and warranted) to function on a specific BB, it is highly likely that it won't.

Caveat emptor.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Developer

[ Edited ]
I will contract with blackberry about that.
Message Edited by orangeearths on 07-01-2009 08:02 PM