Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: tmobile blackberry classic
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: blackberry won't let me log into blackberry.com account - says does not support my os system

what video? tried "importing file" from bbdm but would not accept the GM v3 dropbox. I'm gonna try a few other things. (I downgraded to bb 5.0 and was then able to download BBapp world, then the 511ny app (but 511 app is pathetic (made by NYC Dept of Trans to boot!) Google Map app is the best. I see the paid version Maps for Google Maps app is avail from bb app world BUT it doesn't support the BB9700 (all other BB models before and after the 9700 tho). Worse case scenario, I will trade/replace phone in by tomorrow and hopefully talk Tmobile into giving me a free 9800 model.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: blackberry won't let me log into blackberry.com account - says does not support my os system

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I forgot to include the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fn1T5D_Vw0

I hope you can get that new device too.

My Device: tmobile blackberry classic
My Carrier: tmobile

[ Edited ]

BINGO!!  

ok folks, I GOT THE GOOGLE MAPS APP BACK ON ON BB BOLD 9700!!!!!!!!!!!!   WHOO HOOOOOO!!

I went to Tmobile store today - just happen to be passing by - guy wasnt busy, he was playing around with my bb and I said, if you don't know by now, you won't figure it out.  Well we sat down, (he lowered my plan amount from $85 plus tax to $60 plus tax (thanks for NOT telling me for years that I could do that Tmobile!)).  Then I was gonna consider getting the BB 9900 so I could access GM and I decided to try ONE MORE TIME w/ him.  I showed him this link:

http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.jad

Then when it went to save I said "let's try setting allow permissions", though we didn't change any permissions, when it opened it allowed me to go past the Terms and Conditions - and voila!!!  So happy.  I was really lost without it.  It is truely the ONLY Map that is so fast and easy w/ NYC public transportation times.  the NYC MTA's app/ & 511 app is just awful, a real hassel, incorrect info, and futile most searching.

So, maybe a trick is when downloading GM, try "set permissions", though not changing anything. And everytime opening GM to use, choose 'proceed anyway'.

OH!  and like I mentioned earlier, I double downgraded from the new 6.1 software to the 5.0, since upgrading to the newest 6.1 is what started all this to begin with.  I'm real tempted to upgrade back to the software 6.0 (between the 5.0 and 6.1), but I'm scared I'll lose my GM.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

That's good news. Maybe you can upgrade to a bb10 device when it becomes available soon. Its ironic, this issue resulted in a lower bill for you!