Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone ghana
Accepted Solution

blackbold wont start after the progress bar screen. any help

i have a problem with my blackberry bold 9700. when i restart it , the next screen that comes after the progress bar screen is my phone network name and nothing happens. i get a "vodafone" screen with their logo.  nothing happens after and i am not able to access the blackberry. what is wrong. any help on how to get it working again

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackbold wont start after the progress bar screen. any help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks mate it worked.
New Contributor

could you also help me with this issue with the phone too. my blackberry bold 9700 came with 5 OS. I installed BBM 8 on it. i am using WIFI. when i launch the BBM 8 i get this message "SETTING UP BBM" over a blue screen. After some minutes it says "A temporary BBM server error has occured, Retry" over the blue screen. i am using WIFI so i dont have a data plan on it. what could be wrong. any help on how to solve this one so i enjoy my bbm. or is it because i dont have a data plan on it.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

If it is on Wi Fi check that the browsing is working properly and you should get the BB logo with the WiFi ..  

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
New Contributor

the browser is working alright and i am able to browse the internet with the phone. the WIFI is on but there is no BB logo with it. The BIS says not connected though. and it still says ""A temporary BBM server error has occured, Retry"
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

To my knowledge for that devices you need to have a BIS plan on the SIM card.. it wont work 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
New Contributor

if that is so then it is not fair to us blackberry users then. my friend just installed BBM on his android phone and he has no data plan but his BBM works with the WIFI.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

"Fairness" doesn't come into play toward resolving your situation. It is what it is. But, pricing for BIS plans is not controlled by BB. In some markets, the carriers sell BIS plans at no additional cost over non-BIS plans. In other markets, they charge a premium for the BIS plans. So, it's the carriers, not BlackBerry, who control this "fairness" issue. The technology is what it is...BIS is required for BB-proprietary services on legacy devices. The cost for that is under the control of the carriers.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................