Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

blaq twitter app for playbook

does anyone know how to increase the font in blaq?
@SillohZil on Twitter
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blaq twitter app for playbook

Yea, I wish there was a way also... but I am guessing some younger guys are building that app...

I don't know of a way. Let the Blaq developers know!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've written a review suggesting an update is needed to enable a font size increase.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

In App world if you click on support does the developer's email show up? That's another way to contact the developer direct.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------

elizabethh wrote:
I've written a review suggesting an update is needed to enable a font size increase.

+2

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

JSanders wrote:

elizabethh wrote:

+2

I completely understand the temptation to use the review process to request feature changes and to report bugs and usability problems. As a developer, though, this is not a particularly efficient way of getting information that would be helpful in fixing the particular problem that you are having.  I would totally agree with this approach if you had first used the support email route and the developer had been utterly unresponsive. That is a review-worthy offense.

Good advice... Maurice.

Maybe that developer reads their reviews and their support email. I know some do not.

Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

JSanders wrote:

Good advice... Maurice.

Maybe that developer reads their reviews and their support email. I know some do not.

I always read the reviews and respond to requests for email support. I assure you that if you are having a problem, others will be experiencing the same thing. If a developer knows about such problems, there is likely a fix already in the works. Bear in mind that fixes cannot be rolled out instantly -- the changes have to be tested thoroughly and the App World approval process is an adventure in its own right. 

Two-way communication is really important to a developer (and also to the customer). It can be really frustrating when a reviewer perceives a serious problem resulting from a simple misunderstanding or if  there is a simple work-around available. If the  complaint has been lodged as a 1-star review, the damage has been done and the customer still cannot use the app.  If you send an email, you will get information about the status of the fix.or other valuable information -- everyone wins.

As, I said before, if the developer refuses to play ball, he/she deservies the nasty review.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

MauriceRice, I dont think this is being directed at you in any way. it was just being explained in general and thats not all cases.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Maurice,
Take it a step back, and you (and we consumers) will realise that the PLATFORM must be improved to facilitate the exchange of feedback between consumer and developer.

Have you ever tried to give feedback from help=-->open app -> email - >send comment? It is many steps.

So, we post bad (or good) reviews that act also as a way to suggest improvements.

App World needs to address this by allowing a user to RE-RATE an app after an update...or maybe have a suggestion button that allows for ongoing suggestions with a SINGLE click and within app world.

How hard can that be...and how beneficial would that be for app developers and the consumer?
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------