Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: **bleep** customer service

A faulty battery can indeed introduce odd behaviors. To properly test, one must do the following:

1) Obtain an identical, already charged, known-good battery...try it in your BB and see what happens.

2) Obtain an identical BB...try your battery in it and see what happens.

The results will indicate if the battery is at fault or if proceeding with the conservative OS reload process is better recommended.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: orange

After all that....

Hi,

after all that - I changed the battery and it is now working fine !!!!!

Cheers,

Druid.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Re: After all that....

Excellent! I'm glad it finally got resolved. Enjoy!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thank you for your help,

Druid

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Kudos to sdgardne, one of the most patient posters in these forums.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Does anyone know what sycophant means ?

Druid.

Hall of Famer III

Yes...and raising that is uncalled for.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

I have to agree with "bleep", the service might be contracted out, but that doesn't make it good, unless you can speak Indian, as far as walking into a store, Vodafone tells you to call the help line, India, my wife gets the kids at her school to solve her problems with her HTC, quicker than Indian help or forums, help is so good I haven't been able to use handset for emails for over six months.  Nokia has shop fronts, of all handsets I have had BB is the hardest to use & deal with and I have had then since they first came out in Australia 25+ years ago

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

brad_donovan wrote:

of all handsets I have had BB is the hardest to use & deal with and I have had then since they first came out in Australia 25+ years ago

Why are you being rude? This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

So, your rude comments don't really endear you to anyone to help you.

And, for the record, you did NOT have a BlackBerry "since they first came out in Australia 25+ years ago", BlackBerrys have only been around about 12 years. You don't know what you're talking about.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi,

although I am very thankful to you for your help, it does not detract from the fact that I could not find a Blackberry helpline and that they seem to rely on kind people like yourselves to sort their problems out.

The previous comment I replied to, seemed to me to  insinuate that I had been a "pain in the posterior"   scoff scoff  - due to my lack of technical knowledge and therefore my inability to answer your somewhat (to me) technical questions adequately.

Anyway,

Peace be with you all.