Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700, pearl 8120,bold 9900
My Carrier: T MOBILE

bold 9700 and facebook profile pictures

Profile pics pop up from facebook friends in my address book when they call on my pearl 8120 but not my bold 9700. What  am I doing wrong?

jde
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: bold 9700 and facebook profile pictures

Did you enable to Facebook Contacts application and also enable update existing photos in your BlackBerry contact list with Facebook friend profile photos option when installing facebook?

That should do it.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Facebook was preinstalled on the phone and I can't find out how to get to those options. I went to the BB app world and reinstalled but never had the option to go in and make changes.Can't find it on the main site by going to the Facebook mobile site either..starting to get frustrated!

Guess you can tell i'm no pro at this..

jde
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

When you have your facebook app open I would press the blackberry button and go to options. The first options menu should  show you what profile you are logged on under and also the settings. Enable BlackBerry Contacts application and Update existing photo's in your BlackBerry contacts list with Facebook fiend profile photos.

Please let me know if you have further issues.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks again! Everything checked out as you said. Took it out and re installed. Matches settings on my Pearl which works as it should. restarted phone etc. Sometimes these things have a mind of their own...Maybe i'll just have to accept it as it is.

Thank you for your assist!