03-15-2014 09:21 PM
my android broke, so i took out my old blackberry to use. i figured the battery would be dead since it's been 1 or 2 months since i charged it last, no big deal i leave it to charge overnight(i didnt think much of the red x i just thought it was totally drained). still there so i look for other reasons, i've tried reloading the os to no avail as it gets stuck at loading jvm. tried on 3 pcs and at least 4 different cables, with battery inserted and with battery removed. i'm lost at what to do...
03-16-2014 12:34 AM
Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/
Try to test with another battery...
Or apply the following
VIA | JSanders
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
BlackBerry Device Operating System downloads: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-device-
Just select the appropriate device model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
IF the above does not work or help, You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
Download JL_Cmder http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/18789
or download BBSAK http://bbsak.org/download.php
If JL_Cmder does not work, you can try this:
and this: KB20371 http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20371
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader