Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780 make 2012
My Carrier: vodafone

bold 9780 video -playback problem and lot others

Hi, I'm currently using bold 9780 but facing lot of problem these days. I purchased the phone around 7 months ago and still have my warranty period pending. My phone has become super slow and every  time it shows me that irritating spinwheel. i have problem regarding video playback everytime i play self captured videos it hangs sometimes the sound doesn't comes.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bold 9780 video -playback problem and lot others

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780 make 2012
My Carrier: vodafone

thanks for your reply! but i couldn't find it a very useful solution.......as an when my phone goes slow , i repeatively have to pop the battery and wait for slow boot. it is just freaking irritating just p-ushing me hard to squash my phone into the  walls. please helpSmiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

First, please decide how much patience you have to deal with this...so far from your posts here, I can only guess that you have very little patience for dealing with this yourself. As such, I'd recommend you seek formal support...given what you've said here, you likely remain within your warranty period.

On the other hand, if you can have some patience, then we can continue in this venue...in which case I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior continues, then we'll need to step you through some other activities. To prepare for that, please see the link in my auto-sig on this post regarding backups...and ensure you've completed all of that so you are sure that you have a good backup available.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................