10-22-2012 01:54 PM
hi, i ve bought a 9790 with OS 7.0 because before buying it i saw on blackberry official url that it was ok for 7.1. I need the hotspot wifi function.
My question is : When we 'll have A blackberry official 7.1 for bold 9790.
Thanks for helping me
11-16-2012 04:30 PM
Hello and welcome to the community...and apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already have this sorted, but just in case!
It is the carriers who hold responsibility for release of OSs to their end users...contractually, RIM does not hold this responsibility and releases NO OSs to end users at all.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!