Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile Hungary

bold 9900 change keyboard layout

Hi! A couple of months ago I bought a bold 9900, with azerty keyboard(Orange Fr). As we know, this carrier is not released the 7.1 OS for this device, so I decided to wipe the phone, and install the T-mobile Hungary OS 7.1, because I really needed for the hotspot feature, and many many things. Everything is working fine since I reinstalled the device, but the only problem was the keyboard. So I ordered a couple of weeks ago a qwertz keyboard for my phone, I changed it, but It's still typing as azerty. I readed some forums and topics, there's some really scary solutions like PBTool, but I don't like these things. I entered to the engineering screen, I can't find anything.. Any suggestions? Please help, this is really annoying...
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: bold 9900 change keyboard layout

There is no way that I'm aware of to change the keyboard layout on physical keyboard devices. That is hard-coded into the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: bold 9900 change keyboard layout

Indeed,

it is hardcoded on the motherboard of the device. You could change it, but the price would be quite expensive (probably 70% of the price of a complete brand new device).

I have the same issue with my 9900 that is coming from the USA, it is QWERTY and I am used to the AZERTY on my other BlackBerry device.

In the end, I am used to using both depending on the device I use Smiley Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: