Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

bold 9900 on and off network coverage

Hoping someone knows whats wrong with my phone!

Starting 2 weeks ago, out of the blue, my phone started signaling SOS.    I have intermittent service.  Sometimes I have 4 bars of signal strength and the phone works perfectly.  Other times, I go 4-5 hours with no service. 

I have gone through several phone calls of trouble shooting with Rogers.  It's not their network.  I have reloaded the operating system.  I have tried different SIM cards.   Nothing seems to work!

The phone is only 6 months old.  It has never been wet, or dropped.   It has always eaten battery power quickly.  Most days it needs to be recharged before bed time.  A new battery 4 weeks ago, seemed to help, but now its back to dying quickly again!  The phone is not heavily used.    The phone operates fine when I have wifi..........  maybe an antenna problem?? 

Any suggestions???  Hoping someone knows whats wrong, so I don't have to return it. 

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: bold 9900 on and off network coverage

Good troubleshooting!  I recommend taking the phone to the rogers store and demand an exchange.  Since its 6 months old, you should be able to get this done with no problem.  They can look at the notes of your calls to them and go from there.  Since the radio is working harder to maintain a signal, thats why the battery is draining quickly.  Where I live the signal isn't all that great and my battery drains faster than usual.  I'm surprised Rogers hasn't driven to your area to do a signal check.  They did this for me in the US when I was on nextel.  Those are the only 2 options I can think of:  have then do a signal survey where you live or ask for an exchange.  (try both!)