Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

bold not receiving and sending any call at home

just received a brand new bold, lots of missed calls routed directly to voice mail even with 100% network availability

at home impossible to make or receive any call

3G is not working neither even if 3G is available and showed on the screen

when I try to go on internet I have a message stating that I'm not in a data area

I tried with another SIM and same problem, my SIM in a nokia phone is working perfectly

any idea ?

I'm in France on SFR network

provider thinks I need to replace the phone

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: bold not receiving and sending any call at home

You are going to have to contact the carrier, something is stopping you from getting data/voice

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

I already called them, they asked me to put my sim in another phone which I did, and everything is working perfectly when I'm not using the bold.

Any sim in my bold will make the same problem.

I expect a bold configuration problem

New Contributor

Hi have a similar problem here in Las Vegas NV. Provider ATT for two years, bought two Black Berry Bolds a week ago.

They have been working fine without a glitch.

Then this past Sunday I attempted to call someone and I could hear them but they could not hear me.

I called 611 with the other phone and while talking to the help desk the other phone did the same thing I can hear them but they can not hear me. Was advised later that they maybe working on a Transmitting tower in the area. So we drove a couple of miles away and both phones worked. When we returned home both phones return to the same problem before we left. Went to work the next day and my phone worked fine. The other phone that did not leave our residence never worked. When I return home My phone is back to the same problem. Contacted 611 a work order has been submitted for the area. 1 phone has had 1 game loaded in it the other was only sync with the computer to backup the system. Neither had problems prior to the week at my home. Yes I have 3G signal 5Bars and can send text emails also receive but no voice out... Have tried to pull the battery while powered up for 5 minutes and overnight to no success. I do have a work phone with T-mobile which still works but is not a BB.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Sorry for my question, but when you wrote "put my sim in another phone which I did, and everything is working perfectly", what is working perfectly? are you referring only to the phone application?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

my sim is working fine in any other phone, and I still have the same problem putting any sim in my phone.
I solved part of the problem by allowing only 2G.
it seems that problem is here only with 3G activated
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

ok
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.