Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

bold restarting on its own

all the sudden my phone and one of my colleague keeps on restarting.  all the sudden the screen goes blank and you see the red power button come on and the phone restarts.  not sure whats going on.  any issues on this? any solutions?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: bold restarting on its own

Have you tried upgrading the software?

My Bold does the same thing. It restarts (reboots) itself, sometimes on its own, sometimes while I'm on a call, reading email, etc. No consistency that i can detect. Almost every couple days.  Battery life sucks compared to the Curve, and I'm running .167 o/s which is latest available as of today.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

1. Hard reset - pull the battery out without turning the device off.

2. Relaod the OS.

One of these two will fix it.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

Same problem here. I upgraded to .216 but still same problem. I noticed the problem happens when 3G coverage goes low. I switched to 2G only and it is working like a charm.

try switching to 2G will help. but this is a workaround! we need a solution for the 3G coverage gap problem.

I'm able to repreduce the problem with my phone and my friends. just go to no coverage 3G area with your phone on 3G coverage and see what happens.

New Contributor

I have a similar problem, especially when I am using the MAPS apps. But sometimes it just restart itself. I tried to reload the OS. It seems better but still restart once in a few days.
Kaiser
Highlighted
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: telus

I think the common issue is most likely that the bold cannot maintain a high data taffic. when using it in my BBM with multiple chats sessions the handset freezes and then reboots on its own. when browsing the same. on a call it never fails.