Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: VERIZON

browser (add to home screen option)

Hey guys does anyone know if the picture in browsers "add to home screen option" can be edited? When I choose the option it takes a real cheesy screen shot of the site I'm trying to add. It would be great if it would let me choose my own pic for the site or at least pan around the image and choose something other than what it currently shows. I must admit this is a "great" option but it sure needs some tweaking. Please help and thanks.
NEL-REY
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: browser (add to home screen option)

Sorry, but I don't understand a word of your post.

Please provide the following

Blackberry Model

Carrier Name

Geographical location

Operating System Version Menu > Options > About - looks like v5.0.0.681

Any error statement or code

Exact nature of problem - the more info the better AND CLEAR

Has BB being damaged

Has it been exposed to dirt or moisture - details please.

When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App or download

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Contributor

Its not an error on my device. I am using a curve 9330 OS6
When I go to browser hit options choose add to homescreen a window pops up. It has a screen shot of the current web page I'm trying to save. My question is does anyone know if I am able to change the picture to what I want?
NEL-REY
Forums Veteran I

NEL-REY wrote:
Its not an error on my device. I am using a curve 9330 OS6
When I go to browser hit options choose add to homescreen a window pops up. It has a screen shot of the current web page I'm trying to save. My question is does anyone know if I am able to change the picture to what I want?

Hi again, you've obviously done something different this time because I understand. Your 1st post was full of

""" which made comprehension somewhat difficult.

I run a screenshot app which makes replicating your issue difficult but if you are wanting to save a screnshot of the www page you are viewing, navigate to a webpage that has what you want to save and save it to Homescreen.

Contributor

Sorry I have auto text set up so when I type (bb.) It automatically prints the blackberry logo but here it just does that &quot stuff. But am I understnding correctly? I can put a bookmark on my homescreen and put an icon on it? Cause what I'm saying is if you have a curve 9330 try doing what I suggested. Goto browser then choose options then add to homescreen and look at the icon or pic it auto gives the bookmark. I want to know am I able to change that.
NEL-REY
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

Hi again.

I cannot replicate it on my device so hopefully other 9330 users will be able to throw light on it. From researching, I guess not as I was unable to find anything useful to add here.