Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Visitor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

browser problem

phone works great only problem is i can not connect to charles schwab mobile. all other web sites are no problem tech says it may be a browser emulation problem except there is no where to find that on os-6

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: browser problem

BB has been unable to illustrate online, from support or anywhere that 6.0 supports browser emulation.  This defuncts many apps from being compatible with 6.0 as links that perform browser detection won't allow the Torch access. 

If there's a hidden way to get to emaulation mode on Torch that is available on all other BB devices, please share.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

yeah, i can't seem to find the emulate mode either.

My Device: Not Specified

Same here I am trying to access mobile.southwest.com and I dose not work either has anyone found a work around for browser emulation?

Seems like someone at BB dropped the ball on this one.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

How come up to now there is no reply from anybody from Blackberry Support??? This is pretty serious for people in high places that need to access an important webstie.

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

i have another issue that some websites are not full viewed in the browser like http://www.vodafone.com.eg/ besides some others needs a flash which is not compatible with the device

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

@ melsatar, if you are visiting Vodafone Live! You have to know it maynot be yet compatible with Torches,

Also Torch has no Flash player in its webkit or OS, it only has Full HTML( which is assume it should contain HTML5 tech)

So a site as www.vodafone.com.eg (PC Version) will not be complete on torch as they use flash slide.
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

flash player is mandatory now for all browsers, how it is not supported, BB did not have flixability and ease of use like other brands Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

...Because BB is for business, they don't care about anything except emails, PUSH tech, Fast browsing for getting important information and high performance,

But some said that Blackberry OS7 that will run on QNX will have Flash players.