Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Telenor Pakistan

Re: built-in media storage not accessible due to detected error (blackbery bold 9900)

Hi, 

I am facing exactly the same issue. But the situation with me is even worse.

Even after numerous attempts to upgrade / downgrade the 7.0 / 7.1 versions, my phone doesnt open. The booting progress bar reaches 3/5 when phone hangs up. I have tried all available verions of OS.

My phone doesnt even let me go to Safe Mode. 

The history of my problem is around 2 months when I received Built In Media Error many times. Very recently, the phone started giving the message that the repair was failed.

I have even reset phone through RMI, to install OS but phone doenst open at all. To my amazement, the OS upgrade is always successful and goes not without any problem. 

PLEASE HELP ....

Smiley Sad

Tarique

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: built-in media storage not accessible due to detected error (blackbery bold 9900)

Errors with built in media storage (as opposed to an SD/Media Card) can indicate that the internal memory of the device is going bad for some reason. And such can hold true not only for the media storage area, but AppMemory as well...if that becomes corrupted, there's really nothing to be done...you cannot repair something that is damaged, and replacement is what would be needed.

Of course, this is all supposition based on information here at our internet-distance...in-person evaluation by a qualified BB hardware technician is what is truly needed to give you a proper diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I am getting the same error, My phone Actually purchsed from Dubai and now I am in India but Service centre is not accepting my phone under warranty, could you please help me in this case?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Telenor Pakistan

No Chance my friend.

Accept the fact that you have a bricked phone. I accepted the same and moved on to another device. 

And will you believe me, I went for another blackberry, Z10 this time. 

Thanks. 

Tikkie

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi tikkie,

That means Blackberry Indian service centre will not accept my phone? because they are really pathetic and straight away refused to take my phone under warranty repair BUT this phone is just 10months old... If they will not accept then I think i would have to seek for Consumer court help....

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

dhruvthakar88 wrote:

That means Blackberry Indian service centre will not accept my phone? because they are really pathetic and straight away refused to take my phone under warranty repair BUT this phone is just 10months old... If they will not accept then I think i would have to seek for Consumer court help....

Such may be your only recourse. Warranty is a contractual matter between buyer and seller, established at the time and place of purchase. No one here is party to that contract, and you are bound by whatever those terms are to which you agreed when you purchased your device. It may be inconvenient, but it is indeed what you agreed to. Prior to filing any lawsuit, I would recommend you review your original purchase documentation to understand exactly what you agreed to in this regard.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................