Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: buttons not working

it's not solved, most of us have posted the buttons don't work... howcan we wipe it??

i'm on my third phone and some on here are on their 4th and 5th... not cool
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

is there a shortcut to wipe everything off?
Highlighted
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Trackball moved the cursor on the screen but keypad and all side buttons were non-functional. FIXED! I took the battery and SD card out, put a hair dryer on a low setting and left everything in front of the hair dryer for about 10 minutes. Put it all back together and I'm back in business! Total downtime was about 3 hours but it was TOUGH!

I definitely think this is humidity related. It was rainy today, about 70 degrees and I left my phone in the car when I ran into a couple of stores. No wetness on the phone at any point.

I think putting the phone in rice would probably also help it dry out, but that's going to be a slower process. I wouldn't put the hair dryer on high, that air felt extremely hot to me.

Good luck!

hrn
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve8520
My Carrier: virgin

You should have gone to specsavers .

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I am in South Africa and am experiencing the exact same problemSmiley Mad

It is the SECOND time that this is happening!!!

First time: the phone randomly fixed itself (after about 6 hours), yet some buttons continued to work on and off...

it stopped working again 5 hours ago Smiley Mad i took out the battery and SD card. its busy drying at the moment.

THIS IS INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING! I think i am done using this <removed>! iPhone time!

EDIT: Inappropriate comment removed. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be Courteous to other BlackBerry Support Community Forum Members."

Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello all,  now I know this is an old thread but thought it might help those suffering this issue.

Now, my 8900 had all the symptoms mentioned in the previous messages but none of  fixes suggested seemed to work, until I started looking on line line for replacement parts and that's when I came across a part for sale on that site ending in ay.

It was for the inner keyboard membrane.  If you've never taken apart a BB before, it's a white membrane which sticks on top of the keyboard PCB.  Each button on the membrane is also convex which acts like a spring when you press a button.  As it was stick on part and available as a replacement, I simply removed it from the keyboard PCB and gave both the PCB and under side of the membrane a good clean, (please note the keypad will NOT work without the membrane as it has metal contacts on the under side for each button, which needs to connect to the PCB when pressed).

Once cleaned, I put the membrane back in place which still had enough adhesive on it to stick on to the PCB, re-assembled the phone and jobs a good-un.

This worked for me and I cannot guarantee it will do the same for you but as my phone was out of warranty I had nothing to lose.  If your phone it still in warranty take it back to the reseller.

Hope this helps

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8530

I had this problem with my phone last night and found this thread.  I could scroll around using the track pad, but I couldn't click anything or use any buttons.

I left my phone in rice overnight, which didn't work. When I got to work, I put it in the toaster oven on low, with the door open, and the battery out of the phone. After 20 minutes in the oven, full functionality was restored. This is odd to me because it hasn't been particularly humid lately. I ran the dehumidifier in the basement in hopes of not having the problem again.  I will also go back to using my holster instead of having it in my pocket. 

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: telus

After trying literally everything short of voodoo and witchcraft to fix my Blackberry keyboard and trackpad issues I tried the simplest thing...I pulled my SD memory card and did a reboot without the memory card in (battery pull).  When the bb came back on (without the card), my problem was fully solved.  I have full funtionality of all buttons and my track pad.  Since then, I haven't bothered to put my SD card back in.  Quite frankly I can live without the memory if it saves me hundreds of dollars on a new phone.  

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

my phone has started doing this today, also randomly trying to call people whos name begins with l from my phone? i rang the blackberry team at o2 and after speaking to 2 members of staff who repeatidly told me they had never heard of this problem before i came on the web to find thousands of people all with the same problem, iv had the phone for nearly 3 months and im not even gonna bother tryin to get it fixed as o2 are completely useless, think im just gonna o what i should have done from day 1 and get an iphone........