Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: buttons not working

this has been happening to me! early january the o button stopped working, the gradually got worseand the e and i button stopped working. Then today all of my buttons stopped working! Might try leaving it somewhere to dry but this is totally irritating!!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange, Viva, Claro

All buttons stopped working, and trackball.

So, at the end I just swiped all keys from keyboard, it seams that one was stuck, so it started working instantly.

Thank you,

Milos

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

First, the "navigation button" is called a trackball.  If you search for this word, you get all kinds of info.

Second, here's a link to a video that tells you how to change it.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+fix+a+trackball+on+a+blackberry+curve&mid=A8B180DA3049E2F...

However, I was able to fix my Curve 9300 by very gently running a push pin point around the gap between the silver ring and the face of the phone.  The track ball needs to be able to wiggle parrallel to the plain of the phone face.  If there's gunk in the gap, it can't do that.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: telus

After having my keyboard replaced, my Curve worked for over a year. Then it failed again. This time I solved the problem by replacing it with a keyboard free Z10. I LOVE it.