Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB8820

calendar color categories

I have just switched over from Palm to my 8820.  I love it except for the calendar. I would like to know if RIM is ever going to add the option to color code appts for personal, business, etc... so that I can see the colors in the month view and know what my schedule looks like without having to scroll through everyday. Please, please, please. This one little add-on would win over alot of palm users and move the BB from being just a "smartphone" to a true "all in one communication solution". This is an option that you can't even find on 3rd party apps. (Agendus, Pocket Informant)

Thanks for any advice that can be provided.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: calendar color categories

I second that!!!!!!!!!  Sure would be nice.  I also switched from a Palm Treo to the BB Curve 8330. 
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8130 v4.5.0.131

I third that!!!!!!  C'mon RIM, y'all need to make this happen.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you can buy third party calendar applications that enable you to use colors.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Specific suggestions?
Guru I

A contributor (that I do not know) posted about an application of his :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDeviceSoftware&message.id=3...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thank you very much, Xandrex.  Calendar Pro has the functionality that I've been looking for.  I like to use Categories for Calendar Appoinments in Microsoft Outlook 2007.  However, I two-way sync with my BlackBerry device and like to be able to update status from the device as well as Outlook.  It would appear that this software has the abilitily to do just that.  I'm not a big fan of Beta software, but I am compelld to check it out.  Thank you again, Wardo.

I'm more interested in the categories themselves, than merely in the colors. I need this to mirror my Outlook. Without that, my Blackberry is just limping along, and not a true PDA/Smartphone for me.

Who can I contact / where can I go to formally put in a request for this feature? Surely RIM is tracking interest in new features and would prefer quantifiable information?

Guru I

stevegrundman wrote:

I'm more interested in the categories themselves, than merely in the colors. I need this to mirror my Outlook. Without that, my Blackberry is just limping along, and not a true PDA/Smartphone for me.

this is a solution for the request in the other direction (BlackBerry -> Outlook).

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/06/26/outlook-connector-assign-calendar-categories-from-your-berry/

the complete solution is available is you can use a BES connection.

New Developer

SBSH Calendar Pro v.1.0.2 is available now!