Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: calendar keeps deleting past appointments

I had free memory 24+and set to keep forever, but it still deleted them and still does to present, the only thing I found was to back it up before every sync and then use the following program to send back to my outlook calendar and then sync again and it corrected the problem fort a while.

I believe from my operator it is a flaw in the program, but getting BB to admit it is impossible, I phoned them up @ a cost of $55ca that escalated to near £42 when it came out of my bank, I feel as they know it should be reimbursed to not only me but to everyone that has asked the same question.

BTW I used the following program to sort out this mess they started in the first place and refuse to admit to it.

http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

When you accept a solution from anyone could you please select the appropriate box.
Also, select the appropriate Kudos box and click it for the person’s solution you accepted thank you.

Ian H
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I Don't have an exchange account. Self employed, no IT department.

I didnt sync the calender with the blakberry desktop manager either.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ok marckruse.

Do you synchronize your Blackberry calendar with something ? like a webcalendar ? (yahoo, google...)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

AFTER loosing all appointments from 1 sept till dec (big issue for tax office) i started to setup sync with yahoo.

But loosing apppointments from a device that is made for this purpose is quite unbelievable for me.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

do I understand correctly ?

before December, you had a calendar in your device. But did not synchronize it with anything at all.
seeing that appointments continued being deleted randomly, you started synchronizing your Blackberry calendar with your Yahoo! Calendar.

After that link, you continue to see your appointments disappear despite the configuration of "Keep forever".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Correct.

It is always the oldest appo's that are gone (not randomly in that sense).

I haven't seen anything disapear since I synched with yahoo 2 weeks for the first time.

My Device: Curve 8300

Did anyone offer a solution to this problem for you?  I have the same problem with an 8300 Curve.

thanks,

drbare

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Bifocals,

You seem very knowledgable and patient, so I thought I'd try and see if this works:

I've read this entire string and still can't get an good answer:

All I want to do is synchronize my Blackberry Tour device with my MS Outlook WITHOUT deleting ANY past appointments in either the device OR in Outlook.  Is there anyway you can give me a STEP-BY-STEP, even the most basic steps, way to set this up???  I have plenty of memory in my device.  I just need my calendar in my device to be the same as my calendar in Outlook, no deletions.  I NEVER input calendar items from my Outlook.  I always use my device. 

Please help!!