Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

calendar keeps deleting past appointments

Hello friends!

I have noticed that my blackberry 8330 randomly deletes past appointments from my calendar and sometimes text messages.  I've read bits and pieces of how I can fix it, but can I get a comprehensive, cohesive answer as to how to fix it?  I don't want to mess my baby up!Thanks!

Jamie
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: calendar keeps deleting past appointments

Sounds like the device may be running out of memory.

Can you check under Options | Status and make note of your File Free number. Afterwards reset the device by removing the battery and 1 min and replace it and let the device reboot. After it's done check and see if your File Free Number increased.

Also do you have a lot of third part applications on the device that you don't need? If so you can do into Options | Advanced Options | Applications and delete the ones you no longer need.

Check out this link for other ways to free space on a BlackBerry: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

My memory went from 23000000 to 38000000 roughly.  I probably do have applications that I do not use often bc I'm a newbie.  WHat do you mean by third part applications?  And if I keep my memory more free, will my appointments stay on longer?  Thanks for the help!
Jamie
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow these stepsin the link and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

You have 36mb free memory, that is in the safe range, if you keep it there you will be fine.

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-27-2008 11:43 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-27-2008 11:44 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the welcome!

The CLOSE info does help, but will all these tips prevent my calendar appointments from getting deleted?

Jamie
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Yes it will. As long as you watch your memory and keep it above 15mb you will be good to go!

Please take a second and close the post, OK?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

I am having a similar problem and I still haven't read a full solution. I would like to keep all of my old appointments and future appointmens in my outlook on the computer, but only keep the past month and future month on my blackberry curve. This seems like a pretty reasonable request. When I sync Desktop Manager tries to delete old appointments off my computer. Can someone help me?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP!!!!!

Bold keeps deleting past appointments. Everything older then 3 weeks is gone.

Have 15MB free of application memory. 

keep appointments in calender options is set to Forever.

What is going on? I realy need my past appointments.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

marckruse wrote:

HELP!!!!!

Bold keeps deleting past appointments. Everything older then 3 weeks is gone.

Have 15MB free of application memory. 

keep appointments in calender options is set to Forever.

What is going on? I realy need my past appointments.

Are you sure these events are still available in your Exchange account ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

chc-k10 wrote:

When I sync Desktop Manager tries to delete old appointments off my computer.

You can configure that in the options of the Desktop Manager.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: