Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

calendar sync with Outlook 2003 missing entries

I have 4 email accounts on my 9530.  when using desktop manager to syn to Outlook 2003 only those calendar entries associated with one of my email accounts will synchronize (I mean when you create a calendar entry you can choose an email account at the top of the screen) - not the other 3.  So only some of my appointments appear on my Outlook calendar. 
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: calendar sync with Outlook 2003 missing entries

Hi,

The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop.

1) Delete your email addresses from the device.

2) Use the link below to clear the calendar database.

3) Recreate the email address that you want to be associated with your main calendar.

4) Go to default services and make sure that your email address for the main calendar is specified

in the CICAL and CMIME entries. Save it.

5) In desktop manager, specify a one way sync from Outlook to Device for the calendar only.

6) Once successful, check the main email calendar and make sure all records are there.

7) Run the synch for each category separately until you have all data correct on the BB.

8) Recreate the second email address.

9) Send service books.

10)The BB now has all calendar entries in the correct email main calendar, with no records in another.

11)On the PC, delete the intellisync folder, and reconfigure the setup wizard for normal 2 way sync.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05340&sliceId=1&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

More info........I am not on an enterprise server but am a stand alone user syncing directly with my home PC.

I use 1 of 2 different email addresses when creating a new calendar entry on the Storm.  I do this because each email identity has a unique color which I use to identify personal or business entries on my Storm calendar.  When I sync to Outlook 2003 the only items that transfer are calendar items associated with the first email account I set up on the Storm.

What I would like is for all calendar entries from both email identities to sync from the Storm to Outlook 2003 so I have my complete Storm calendar in Outlook.

Does having "wirless sync" enabled in the options for each email account have anything to do with this situation?

Hope that clears up what I'm looking for.  I would prefer not to have to delete my email accounts as I will lose the emails stored on my device.

Guru I

Hi,

You will not lose your emails they already are recived.

Unless you get all records in one calendar. You will not sync correctly.

DM will only deal with the one main email address.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Can you help me a bit further?  My problem sounds similar.  But the entries are ALL appearing on my device.  All of my "default" entries have been deleted from my desktop calendar - and only the entries from the past few weeks appear on the desktop.  I have no idea why this has suddenly happened.

So...my device is accurate (277 calendar entries) and my desktop Outlook calendar has only 57.  If I follow your procedure, won't I be deleting everything from my device and then transferring only those 57 entries from the desktop?

I would appreciate your help, as I'm hoping to avoid manual re-entry of those 220 entries onto my desktop calendar!  Thanks very much!

Tom

Contributor

Hello my friend!

Could it possibly be that you could help me with this problem also?  I have been on the phone for numerous hours with this problem; I thought to contact you, but didn't want to be a bother.  I like the new picture, btw. Smiley Wink

I am attempting to sync with my personal MS Outlook 2003 calendar and my past entries in my device continue to disappear.  I have set the phone to keep them forever. 

Recently, I tried to syn calendar by telling DM to transfer all pending items with a two-way sync and it prompted me as to whether I wanted to delete items from my desktop Outlook calendar!  That has actually happened on one occasion.....needless to say, that was extremely upsetting and time consuming to repair.

Are the suggestions you gave to davco110 the same ones I should follow?

Warmly,

Leigh Ann

xxoo

Guru I

Hi lapete!

You should have opened your own thread, I found this by accident!!

Read this link and see if it helps you out!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=19815&query.id=477150...

Let me know!

Bifocals

Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9650
My Carrier: SPRINT

Hi ALL,
Newbie to bberrys here. I just my bold 9650 23 days ago and although I love it , I have had to wipe it 2x, re sync and clear calendar 2x and its still loosing calendar info on the device .

I did not understand the relationship between Yahoo email and which of 3 Email account is the default etc . Coming over from a Palm it was much simpler.Never used Email aon the treo .

Now I loose calendar entrys, so I followed a

ther  procedure

" The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop.

PLEASE EXPLAIN That

1) Delete your email addresses from the device.

2) Use the link below to clear the calendar database.

3) Recreate the email address that you want to be associated with your main calendar.

4) Go to default services and make sure that your email address for the main calendar is specified

in the CICAL and CMIME entries. Save it.

5) In desktop manager, specify a one way sync from Outlook to Device for the calendar only.

6) Once successful, check the main email calendar and make sure all records are there.

7) Run the synch for each category separately until you have all data correct on the BB.

8) Recreate the second email address.

9) Send service books.

10)The BB now has all calendar entries in the correct email main calendar, with no records in another.

11)On the PC, delete the intellisync folder, and reconfigure the setup wizard for normal 2 way sync.

Thanks,

I did that 2x  The first time it would not delete my #1 yahoo email and that became the defalut for messages CICAl CMIME  .

The second time I went into service books and made sure both email all email account were deleted and then I got a red iconed DEFAULT as the default message handler. I thogh it was done All my calendar entrys were in RED like the default and all looked well.
Then I added the email accounts and the calendar entrys turned green like my #2 email account and all of the past items and haf of the new were lost.
I am lost.

I have 2 days to resolve this and see if I intend to keep this phone before  my 30 day trial periof expires .

I have spoken to manager at Sprint for over 2 hours and tech support over 8 times. Its over there heads becuase they all use BES and dont realize what Yahoo emails do in BIS ,

I wanted a plain ordinary calendar and contacts to sync with Outlook like I did with my Palm ' Somehow Yahoo emails get in the mix and mess everything up . I deleted them deleted from service records and as soon as I recreate them they take control of my data.

Does anyone think this could be buggy Outlook 2002 . And do you thnink I can resolve all these problerms if I keep the phone. I dont mind keeping it after the 30 day period if I feel confident I casn get it working without losing calendar amd who knows whatever other data
Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello, I registered just so I could offer some help.

The following worked for me:

1.  Open Outlook and make sure you only have or are using ONE calendar. If you have 2 delete one of them. I kept Personal just because it was the default one.
  2. Make a copy of your .pst folders just in case.
  3. Plug in your BB Device, sync & back up.
  4. Go to your Documents folder-BlackBerry-Back Up and copy and save that folder as well.
  5. Now, your normal calendar and info is up to date with your default services email.
  6. You do not have to delete anything on your device.
  7. Simply go to Tools-Advanced Options-Default Services and change it to your other email address.
  8. Plug your BB back into your computer and start Desktop Manager again.
  9. Before it syncs, there should be a pop up warning you that your default email service has changed and give you 3 options or choices as to what to do next. I do believe you will want to click "NO" which is the option to combine the information with your original default calendar/service...
  10.  After it syncs, check Outlook to see if the info is there.
  11.  I created a category in a different color to differentiate my business appointments vs personal.
  12.  It will show up color coded in your BB Device...at least it does on mine.
  13.  Leave your default service email as is.
  14.  I haven't played around with it all that much, but it seems like a better option than deleting and starting over.
  15.  If your personal appointments you set are not synced after this, just change the default services back to the original and resync again choosing the "NO" or combine option.
  16.  Go back and forth if you must. DM ONLY WORKS WITH ONE EMAIL

Hope that helps

Contributor

Oh my!  That was exceedingly kind of you.  I really appreciate the help.  I am totally amazed at the help complete strangers will offer and it usually involves a time consuming response.

Many thanks.  Bless you.

Leigh Ann