09-21-2013 05:10 AM
I wanto to restore the calendar on my bb
need to get rid of the "facebook" calendar (have deleted fb as an application, yet the calendar is still there)
and what is even more strange dates do not correspond with correct days (i.e. september 22, 2013 is a sunday, on my calendar it appears as Monday....quite confusing)
any help would be appreciated
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-23-2013 10:56 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Thanks for the question.
You can remove the Facebook calendar by going to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and there will be a Facebook (CICAL) listed. Highlight it and press Menu>Delete.
Then the calendar will be removed and you can proceed with the restoral and let me know if the dates are still off.
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
09-24-2013 03:55 AM
02-08-2014 03:37 PM
I just posted with the same problem.
Yes this removes the "Send: Facebook" field, but it converted all of those entries to "Default", so when I sync with my desktop, the device wants to add 300 entries to my Outlook calendar.
Is there a way to delete duplicate entries before syncing with desktop?
02-11-2014 03:24 PM
Here is my sad story so far:
1. I installed facebook but deselected all blackberry connectivity -- I just want to post from my BB.
2. My device duplicated my entire calendar (300+ entries) as an alternate calendar: "send: facebook"
3. I implement the advice from ViciousFerret above and delete Facebook CICAL. Duplicate entries revert from "send: facebook" to "send: default"
4. Next sync, device adds 300+ entries to my outlook calendar -- the entries that were "send: facebook"
5. Next sync, my device calendar has reverted to "send: facebook" and the sync is trying to populate 600+ new entries (my original calendar plus the duplicates created by deleting Facebook CICAL.
Help! help! I'm caught in an infernal loop!
02-12-2014 07:01 AM
My problem is that something is re-creating Facebook [CICAL] in "Service Books".
Not sure when this happens... "auto off" and "auto on" are my top contenders, but it happens even if I never launch Facebook.
P.S. When syncing after deleting Facebook [CICAL] in "Service Books" I now ALWAYS get a syncronization error, but if I resync immediately the rest of the syncronization executes correctly. The error does not occur if I duplicate all the "Send: Facebook" entries (not that I'll make that mistake again).
02-23-2014 04:31 PM
Solved problem by: