Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: call log notifications

in the security options there is a link "fix missed notifications" or something like that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My display indicates 1 message symbol (envelope icon with a red star) and 1 missed call symbol (yellow handset icon with a yellow superscript X) at the top of the display and indicates that I have "Messages (1 Unread)" below in the next portion (it can be highlighted with the trackball).  I could not find any reference to "fix missed notifications” in the security section of Options-> Security Options as suggested by Xandrex.  I have no messages found and no missed calls when I open each program.  It’s a little annoyance, but I would like to delete or correct these anomalies.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Xandrex wrote:
in the security options there is a link "fix missed notifications" or something like that.
home screen >> options >> security >> firewall >> hit menu key >> Reset All Counts

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I have a recurring problem. My call logs dissapear! I seem to have plenty of memory (2414010998 Bytes Free) When I press the green phone button a list should appear of recent calls. That does happen but more often than not it is suddenly blank. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi dmd31842,

Please open a new thread for your problem.

More users will see it ,therefore more input and

a quicker resolution. Use the grey bar at the top of the

page and click on new message.

Thanks,

BTW. You might want to recheck your file number; 2414010998 bytes free is 2302MB. The phone is equipped with 64mb

See you in the new thread,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I believe the "Reset All Counts"  refers to resetting the blocked messages.  This procedure did not correct the "Missed Call" notification and "Unread Messages" notification on the home screen.
Contributor

Sorry. My memory shows 24066325 Bytes Free and Total 83623936
AH
New Contributor

I recently got a 8310, but nothing I mean NOTHING is working. When I intall the software from the cd, I cannot connect to the phone even when I connect the cable to my laptop. When I want to use Bluetooth nothing is working. I installed the software again and again but nothing seems to work directly. Only when I move music files directly to the memorycard (8Gb) wich can be used seperatly from the phone, I later can play on the phone. But when I want to play a videofile from the card, I am not able to watch it on the phone or only a very small part.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

Contributor

In desperation, I emailed Sprint for a replacement phone and got one 24 hours later. A pain to re-install all the applications I had, etc., but this has resolved my call log issue. I would think that I had a defective phone. For whatever reason, my "issue" has been resolved. YEAH!!Smiley Happy

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

I recently had the exact same problem.  I called Tech Support and they said that my Berry was basically "stuck in limbo" and the only way to fix this was to either "wipe my handheld" or do something with the desktop manager on my computer.  Well, I couldn't do the desktop manager thing, because I have a Mac and its desktop software is more limited, so I had to wipe my handheld and start from scratch.  OUCH!