Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

call waiting

does anyone know if theres a way to find out when you're in a call queue, as in when i ring someone and theyre already on a call, is there any application or tweak i can use so that my 8900 tells me that i'm waiting?

cheers 

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: call waiting

[ Edited ]

I have never seen an application such as that for the BlackBerry.

If your called number answers, and you are aked to hold or a recording plays music while you wait, wouldn't you know if you are in a call waiting que?

Message Edited by JSanders on 05-18-2009 04:42 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I meant for when you call another cell phone. Here in the UK, what happens is that the earpiece will keep having the dialtone, as if you're dialling the other person normally, no call waiting music or anything.

Say i dial person A, and person A is already on a call with person B, on my old Sony Ericsson it used to have a quiet beep to let me know that person A is already on a call, they know i'm calling them (if they have call waiting on their side too). Instead, on my 8900, it has no such feature, just a constant dial tone.

Maybe theres a new product idea for any app developers...could i have some royalties from it too? Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Dial tone or ring tone?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

dialtone
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Huh. Interesting. Well, like JSanders, I've never heard of anything like that either. Perhaps some adventurous developer will see this and decide to cash in!  Smiley Tongue

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

seems noone has.

it was on my p900 and p910, but then i switched to windows mobile and it wasnt on that, and its not on the curve either....

if we've still got time before v5.0 comes out, then perhaps RIM could be nice enough to include it Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't think that function is an OS or device choice, but one your carrier enables or not. You need to contact them.

For instance, same devices here on this side of the pond, running the same OS version, and we don't have that dialtone for calls while waiting.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mobinil Egypt

Dear all This seems to be a very big problem in the BB phones not only the curve but also the Bold and Tourch, that is when you call someone and it has an active call you don't have any notification of that you are on a queue, i.e : the BB rings normally as if the other one is in standby mode. This feature is called waiting call notifier which is a mobile feature and a mobile network feature , if the mobile network has dialed this feature then you will not have a notification but this will clearly be obvious because it will not work on all the mobile phones but on the other side if the mobile network has enabled this feature then it will be available in alot of mobile phones like those running Symbian OS and IOS ( Nokia , Samsung , SonyEricsson , Alcatel , IPhone , .....) but for the BB mobile phone it's not working because it seems it is not found in their s/w . I hope this feature can be fixed in any s/w update by adding it , as it is a very important feature that we are really missing in the BB mobile phones. Eng Ahmed Ezz El Deen