Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

camera not working on BB 9700 (OS 6)

So in the past 2 days when I go to use my camera, I get the following message: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

Problem is, I have no other applications open and it has caused my phone to reboot itself.

Any suggestions? It was working a few days ago (with OS 6) and I haven't done/added anything new that would cause the issue.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 3 (9780)
My Carrier: C&W

Re: camera not working on BB 9700 (OS 6)

Im having the same exact problem. Also the digital zoom function in the camera stopped working a couple of months ago. This is all software based i presume. Any rep from RIM, around to help us?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 3 (9780)
My Carrier: C&W

I just tried a hard reboot...... take the battery out for a couple of minutes...... it solved the error..... but it hasn't solved my lack of digital zoom function

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: virgin mobile

I'm having the same problem with my 9700. but my camera was not working even on the OS 5. I just recently upgraded to OS 6 and it's still not working. I get the same message as you.. 'could not start the camera. close the other applications...blah blah". I just see a black screen when I open my camera/video camera.

I contacted my service provider and they said that they will send me a replacement phone and a enevelope kit to mail my bold to RIM so they can take a look at it.

If you have warranty, I would suggest you do the same.