Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: airtelzm

camera problem and unrecognised by desktop software

can somebody please help me. i can take pictures on my bold 9780 os6 but sometimes there is an error message 'cannot open this file'.  secondly,when i connect my phone to the desktop software my phone is not recognised and does not 'shake hands' or sync,what is the problem?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: camera problem and unrecognised by desktop software

Hey chola,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

When you connect the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone to the computer, does it show it is charging?  When was the last time it was showing as connected to BlackBerry Desktop Software?

If you remove the media card and then try to open up some media files, do you get the same error?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: airtelzm

Re: camera problem and unrecognised by desktop software

thank you for the response.

i removed the media card and took a picture. it worked, i could view the picture. does it mean there is a problem with the media card?

as for the desktop software it has never worked. i thought i do not need it but since my phone started switching off on its own and the camera problem i read on the blackberry community forums that i needed to update the software. so since it has never recognised my phone, it has never synced. when i connect the phone to the destop software the phone asks whether sync media, usb or charge. when there is no media card inserted, it just starts chrging. but when there is a media card inserted it is charging. the blackberry desktop does not go beyond the first oen window with 'troubleshoot my connection'

hoping to hear from you soon,

chola