Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

can anyone tell me, should the bold sync with a Mac, Entourage 2008?

I'm having load of problems with pocketmac, their support is not the best at getting back to you fast and I am really losing a lot of time on this now.

just wondering, should I be syncing no probs with the following:

Macbook Pro?

Entourage 2008?

Blackberry Bold? 

thanks 

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: can anyone tell me, should the bold sync with a Mac, Entourage 2008?

If you can, download missing sync for mac users and blackberry devices, its not free, but for sure you dont have more problems, here is the link

http://www.markspace.com/products/blackberry/blackberry-sync-mac-software.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Regular Contributor

Highlighted

I just found out the hard way (after well over an hour on the phone--the first day after my new Bold arrived) that Blackberry's software development is aware of a known synch issue between later 2008 Macbook Pro's and the new Bold.  Apparently, when apple updated their fiber optic (?) connections in their usb's, it caused an 'issue' which creates the errors between Entourage & the device. My Macbook Pro is not the brand new one--it's the revision that came out in August. I'm sure the issue is the same for the latest version of the MacBook Pro too. It also keeps itunes from synching. No known fix yet.  Missing Synch software will not fix it either.  I was told 'check back in a couple weeks' which means my new Bold is not looking so bold at the moment.  If you have an OLDER mac and/or OLDER Blackberry, you should be ok. I know that from a programmer's perspective, 'newer' is harder to account for, but good grief.  I hate spending a premium for latest gear and having it 'unknown' in terms of when it will actually be supported properly. And it's not like they exactly rushed the 9000 to market.