Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Mobitel

Re: can i import contacts from a vcf file

Easiest way i found.. install dropbox on your berry, run it, put the .vcf file in your dropbox folder, open contacts on your BB, press BB button, import contacts from Dropbox, locate the .vcf file and it will import them.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin

i try this metod and no chance to find on my bb contacts a dropbox import, my bb its a Bold 9700 and try import 277 contacts from VCF file try with encourage, outlock and its import only one contact from file so no chance, ah and i am a MAC USER
New Contributor

Do you have Dropbox installed and ran it at least once? Then open contacts and hit the bb button and it's on top, by the export contacts to Dropbox. I'm using 9780, 6.0 bundle 2949
New Contributor

yes i have instaled and run dropbox and still on contacts wen hit bb button there is no any dropbox option at all :/

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mazishare wrote:

yes i have instaled and run dropbox and still on contacts wen hit bb button there is no any dropbox option at all :/

There is nothing like that.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

no there is not, and wen i try synchro with desctop soft after full update in outlock its not update contacts on my bb

New Contributor

Sorry, Dropbox has to be running in the background and then there is the option in contacts.

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: petro can

I exported the file from google contacts (select contacts or export all).  Choose the 'vcf' format file.

Pair your phone with your computer.  You will need a bluetooth dongle (keyboard?) or built in bluetooth (laptop?).

Then (in Windows(TM)):

open the folder where you have the file

right click the file

hover over 'send to' from the popup menu

click on 'Bluetooth' device

Your phone should now start asking for confirmations, yes, yes, and it will add all contacts.  Easy as pie.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Metro PCS

I just got my Q10 and had the same question. After some trouble getting my computer to cooperate (no bluetooth), I decided to just email them to my Gmail account as an attachment.  I had saved all 508 previous contacts into one single VCF file.  Once I got the email on my BB screen, I clicked the message then clicked on the VCF file, and like magic it prompted me to import the contacts. 

Just my two cents.

Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: at&T

just read and tried every idea in this thread there is here and when in Q10 email folders gmail and others, they are seen as unrecognized formats.  Only thought is these are instructions for earlier than "10" by Link devices.

I am trying to simply add Outlook or gmail contacts to my own in bby