Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

can i synch with microsoft exchange server

Hi, Apologies if this is a stupid question but i can't find a clear answer anywhere. I am thinking of orderign the bold, but i need to know whether i can sync with microsoft exchange server. My employer uses this and if I can't sync i will need to chose another handset. thanks for any help cheers andy.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: can i synch with microsoft exchange server

You can find out if your company has a BES solution which will allow wireless sync. If not you can use microsoft redirector software, or sync through the wire. Also there is a chance you can set up your webmail to act as a bis account.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: can i synch with microsoft exchange server

Yes you can. Do you know if your employer has a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server)? Check with them to see if they will let you buy your own device and sync with the server. If so they would just give you an activation password to activate the device, and all of the data would sync wirelessly to the device.

If they don't have a BES, you can setup the BlackBerry to receive your Inbox emails, but everything else (Calendar, Address Book, Memopad, Tasks) will sync through a wired connection with the Desktop Manager software

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.