Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: torch
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

can not access certain URL

I can not access my company URL from BB while i can access it from any other device. The below message received,

The requiered URL could not be retrieved

Sorry, we couldn't find the web page that you requested. Make sure that you typed the web address correctly, and try again.

Error Code: 10006

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Re: can not access certain URL

did anyone get a solution to this problem? I wrote a small website using Microsoft C# MVC technology together with ajax. not sure if blackberry cant handle MVC? the site works on all phones, even old nokia phones, but not on blackberry. i cant find a solution so if someone can tel me is this a setting on the phone? My service provider? Or do I need to change my website so that it can run on blackberry? I have downloaded another browser, OperaMini, on my blackberry and now it works. but most people will have the default browser so it has to work on that. the site is www.isitacult.co.za. any help would be much appreciated....

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@johnnybothat:
I just went to your website using Mozilla Firefox 6.0 and the OS5 browser of my old 8900. They both are displayed correctly. Can you detail what is bothering you with your 9780?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi,

It seems like with every BB Bold it is giving error code 10006. With the curve it is giving 504 gateway timeout. Only th default browser. if you install any other browser on the phone then it can display the site. When I phone my service provider they say my phone software is not working and I ned to bring it in...this is not true for I tested it on about 10 blackberry bolds and none of them display the site. also not the curve or torch.(Torch is also giving the 10006 error code). When I phone my hosting company they say they cant see anything wrong with the setup of the website. So is blackberry blocking the site or what? I dont know what to do anymore. and the client wants this to display on a blackberry. 

I see you are from France. Could it be that maybe it does not work in South Africa only? Something on the sa BIS?

Guru I

can you access that website from South Africa using a desktop browser ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

hi, yes i can access it with every other browser. even on my blackberry when using operamini. but not the default browser. any ideas?

Guru I

is your device a corporate one?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

I must say i am not happy with the way RIM has remained silent and not done anything about all these complaints. I wish they could understand that the majority of us no longer depend solely on our laptop computers but do much work from our mobile  devices and if we can no longer access our websites from our phones, then we are slowly being geared to favour other options.

New Contributor

i dont know how many times i have to state that its nothing to do with my specific device. ALL BALCKBERRY phones can not open the website from this hosting company so I do not see what the relevance is if my phone is corporate or not. i have tested about 30 blackberries. from people in 4 countries. none work! www.jbsoftware.co.za is linked to the the default page they gave me. this page cannot open on any BB device. i have moved the other website from them. cannot struggle much longer with people that has poor service. the company is paradignsolutions. they just refuse to sort my issue.

Guru I

@johnnybotha
I repeat : I can browse the website with my BlackBerry Curve. I am in France, if that can help you.

besides, I advise you to keep your tone down. You are writing on a community forum. The people here are BlackBerry owners who spend part of their free time helping other people like you.

If you are requesting free help from people, giving an attitude will not encourage anyone to answer you.