Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

can't get micro sd card in place, please help

How do I get the micro sd card in? I can't get the little metal to close over it
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: can't get micro sd card in place, please help

It must be installed in the cover, in the slots provided- THEN close the cover. Unlike the sim card installation.
Contributor

Yes, you must slide the card INTO the grooves in the metal clip, then it will close just fine.

Such great advice!!!! INSTALL IT IN THE COVER.  I checked the manual and unless I looked over it, it does not offer this crucial piece of advice.  I didn't want to keep jimmying with the cover because it seems so fragile.  I installed it in the metal cover, re-installed the battery and she ready to roll.  Thanks for the small but valuable piece of adviceSmiley Happy
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: can't get micro SD card in place, please help

Here's a video:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-6-how-install-microsdhc-card-your-blackberry

If this answers your question, please take a minute to resolve the post by the green box!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Just got my AT&T 8310 today so I apologize for my newbie question, but I want to install a SD Card but it looks like it goes where the SIM card is located - does that mean I have no phone service when I have the SD card in as the SIM card is removed or am I missing something obvious?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Please open a new thread by using "new message" on the gray bar at the main screen. We have two different issues here. Your new thread will be seen by more users and get more reply's, there fore more solutions!

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter