Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

can't install yahoo mail

hello!

i went to http://blackberry.com/yahoo/mail with my mobile device, but when i hit the "launch email setup" button i get:

HTTP Error 500: Internal server error...

i'm on bb 8320

any ideas?

thank you.

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: can't install yahoo mail

Hi and welcome to the forum I am getting the same error. You can report it to the webmaster - webmaster@blackberry.net
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Do you have a BB data plan with internet browsing?
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

ok, thanks.
New Contributor

of course i have!  i already use my bb with my office mail, with my personal gmail account, yahoo messenger, etc...
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

kijanasmart

I believe he/she has, the problem exist only when he/she clicked on the launch button.  Are you able to launch?

Message Edited by Forza on 15-06-2009 11:15 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

it's a he Smiley Tongue

i get the error before being able to install... so... there's nothing to launch...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You might try altering the emulation and other settings within your BB Browser. It can report to a website that it's a BB, IE, or FF browser...plus javascript can be turned on and off. Go through the seetings...from within the browser:

BBKey > Options

Within several of the categories are options for these things. You may have to experiment to find the correct combination for your use. Most often, we see that it's either the browser emulation, javascript, or both.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

Hi sdgardne,

Nice info you posted, but can you confirm if you are able to go to the page in question, blackberry.com/yahoo/mail, and then if you get a 500 server error after you click on the launch button.  I believe 500 error is a server error instead of user's end.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I get a little further...

Your carrier is not supported at this time.

But at least it's not a 500 error.

Often the 500 errors do come from the BB browser identifying as something that the website is not coded for...and changing it to (for example) FF or IE can sometimes clear those errors. Not always, to be sure...sometimes.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................