Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Student
Accepted Solution

can't open my blackberry messenger

Hi, I can't open my blackberry messenger. If I restart
it, I can open it. But when I want to search contact by
typing the contact's name, then it's suddenly not
working. It won't. It just won't move and when I press
the 'red' button, it goes back to menu. But when I
want to open my blackberry messenger, it cannot. I
really need anyone's help cz this is urgent, please reply asap. Thank you.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't open my blackberry messenger

Hello!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Otherwise, please ensure you are running the most updated BBM...you can always find it, via your BB Browser:

You can also always find it in AppWorld.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I already rebooted it for thousand times and still, it won't work. And my bbm is the newest version. I've just upgraded it. Any other suggestion, pls?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Since you just upgraded it, please try instead removing and then reinstalling BBM fresh and clean. Be sure to first backup (locally) your contacts:

• KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

You may also, if you are a member of any groups, want to back those up as well using a selective Desktop Software Backup:

• KB12487 How to back up BackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks! It works!! Smiley Very Happy
Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome...enjoy!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: davina

It didn't work for me? Any other suggestions?
Hall of Famer III

davinajacksonnn wrote:
It didn't work for me? Any other suggestions?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"It"...hmmm...I can only wonder. There are multiple posts in this thread, with multiple symptoms and multiple resolutions. So, which of them exactly do you mean by "it"?

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: davina

I've tried everything there but it still won't click on it, and the app world does it too?
Hall of Famer III

So, your symptom is or is not 100% IDENTICAL to what is already in discussion in this thread? From what you say, I think it is not...please don't be economical with your words. Also please list out exactly what you tried already, just so we can be sure...