Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

can't select betweet 2G and 4G on OS 7.1

I upgraded my OS to 7.1 and I was deprived the chance to select my network mode, I can't select between either 2G or 4G, it is always on 4G wch consumes battery life
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: can't select betweet 2G and 4G on OS 7.1

That is an AT&T restriction. There are many threads about it all over the Internet with people upset that AT&T does this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Meaning there is no solution to this...*sobs*
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I mean. I have an unlocked Z10 that I had a temporary AT&T sim card in. While that sim card was in i could not switch to 2G. When I removed the AT&T sim and inserted my TMobile sim I immediately got the option back.

AT&T doesn't want you using their 2G network if your phone is capable of 4G & 4GLTE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks a lot, at least I'll stop worrying about it